Issues with Screed Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are coming to the end of an extension and the screed floor was laid about 3 weeks ago on top of celotex and a concrete slab. The floor was not walked on for 2 weeks as we went away on holiday. I think the screed started to go off before they could finish laying it and it has not properly set in several places.

The recent traffic of the builders back in has caused the screed to go very rubbly in several places and you can dig it up back to the celotex.

Before I have the conversation with our builder, I would really appreciate some advice about the best way to resolve this. Are we able to rake out the areas where it has not set and patch in with either new screed or a quick drying compound? Or worst case do we need to re-screed the entire floor?

Many thanks in advance for the advice.

Rich

Sponsored Links
Unless there are only a few very small failed patches and the rest is rock solid I’d prepare for having to take it all up and re-do. The fact that any of it is “rubbly” means something’s gone badly wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back