it ain't central heating but....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had all forms of central heating over many years: oil, gas, an anthracite-fired stove, and a coal-fired backboiler. I have found that economy 7 storage radiators beat them all in the long term.

They are cheap to buy, easy to install, and can be moved to different positions without much trouble. They don't have pumps to fail, valves to jam, pipes to pinhole, radiators to sludge up, or boilers to be serviced and repaired. You don't have to wait in for oil to be delivered or for the service engineer to arrive. They just work, year after year after year.

Sure, they are dear to run but close attention to the weather forecasts can help minimise this. I'm pretty sure that the costs compare pretty well with real central heating given a fair time span. Even if I were accurately shown that this is not actually the case (and I'd be interested in this) the sheer hassle-free convenience of electric heating would most likely win the day for me.

Hope this helps someone pondering which way to go.

Bludger

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back