IT Hardware Help Please... Inputting with a 'pen'.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking to harness the collective wisdom. I need to continue some tutoring during the lockdown, and have secured a whiteboard app which is good. But I'm using a laptop, and 'drawing and writing' with the laptop's scratchpad is a drag; and a mouse is too clunky too.

Can anyone advise on a usb plug and play, 'pen and pad' device for inputting text and diagrams by hand? Cheap as chips if poss. Ta.

CG

Sponsored Links
I use one made by Hanvon. One of their large high end ones that is the equal of anything similar from Waccom, pressure sensitive and all sorts and a lot cheaper. I use it for photo editing. Photo people who want the facilities usually go for Waccom - I mean it's the best. That may mean now that no one in the UK sells them. So I would suggest looking on Amazon and also going for one with a battery free pen while checking the drivers you need come with it. The ones that use a battery free pen are much like normal drawing. It may also be worth checking spare pens are available but some often come with spare tips.

Then buy from where ever you like. ;) Main thing with amazon reviews is needing to spot the low scoring ones that for one reason or another are a bit silly.

Sponsored Links
Cheers ITM. I can afford that, but can't ask the neice's parents to get one. Back to the drawing board. So 'graphics tablet' is the proper lingo then? Ta.

Cheers ajohn too. To be clear, I just want to be able to draw maths diagrams, and add corrections to the whiteboard as we go. Nothing too posh.

Back