It must be pure hell for them….

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
……Coming from a country where they are persecuted, threatened with death, walking for miles, living rough in a tent, starving, freezing, paying all their money to a people trafficker, risking their lives in dangerous sea crossings just to end up in a safe country, having a warm dry bed to sleep in, a roof over their head, three meals a day, access to medical attention, pocket money, dental treatment, gymnasium, legal assistance, Wifi etc etc while their claim for asylum is being considered. You can see why they are now living in shock and fear. Can’t you? :unsure:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I just came back from a sailing trip stopping at weymouth. You can see the the barge in the bay, it is a lovely place to be. I imagine some students will be paying £120 a week for similar accommodation without the all inclusive extras.

Sponsored Links
Wifi etc etc while their claim for asylum is being considered
Not any more. there can be no claims. When do you think they will all be deported? And where to?

Such as hot n' cold running bacteria; fire hazards; cramped cabins; restricted freedom.
Firstly, the bacteria was identified, will be treated and dealt with. I'm sure the long term legionella risk on the barge is no different to that of hotels which also have to go through periodic inspections.

I strongly suspect the fire risk hazards is political by the fire brigade union. Germany, Sweden and even Scotland didn't seem to think there was a fire risk when it was used for housing their asylum seekers or subsequently workers.

As for restricted freedom, they chose to come here and therefore accept the restrictions of the asylum process.

What fire hazards? - the video/website seems to suggest it has full fire control systems installed.

The occupancy has been boosted from the design number of 200 ish to 500 ish. Quotes about the concerns include 'floating Grenfell'.

You've got boating experience, you know how dangerous fire is on boats.

I strongly suspect the fire risk hazards is political by the fire brigade union. Germany, Sweden and even Scotland didn't seem to think there was a fire risk when it was used for housing their asylum seekers or subsequently workers

as IT Minion said: "he occupancy has been boosted from the design number of 200 ish to 500 ish."

The occupancy has been boosted from the design number of 200 ish to 500 ish.
as IT Minion said: "he occupancy has been boosted from the design number of 200 ish to 500 ish."
There's only so many people you can get up one staircase, or through one door in the allowable time.

You can't have muliple exits from all sides from a boat.

There will also be regulations for the number, positions, durability and management of fire doors.

How many people can escape through a single door?

A single outward opening door will allow 40 persons per minute to pass through it in single file, so 100 persons can exit in 2.5 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Back