I've found my drain valve!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For your entertainment...

It would have been really useful to have had a drain valve for my central heating at various times over the years since I've lived here, but there didn't seem to be one. Eventually I replaced a lockshield with a combined lockshield+drain.

Tomorrow a new carpet is being fitted in the spare bedroom. I thought I'd see if I could resolve a squeeking floorboard before it gets hidden. I lifted the old underlay, and the squeek is marked by a large black X painted on the floorboards! How strange. So rather then just screw it down more firmly, I decide to lift it and see if there is anything underneath .... and yes, you've guessed it, there is a handy valve that drains the central hearing into the redundant overflow from the pre-combi header tank, out into the garden.

Hint to CH installers: your lovely valve is no use if no-one knows it is there! How about a sticker on the wall next to the boiler, or in the airing cupboard, for the benefit of future owners?

Sponsored Links
We'll then it would be to easy for the next person to do any work on the system :) and we like to make it hard for everybody.

You sure it wasn't put there by a DIY numpty.

Possibly one of the thwarts seeking advice on here

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back