Jaguar boiler losing pressure/replace expansion vessel?

Appearing to be female pretty much guarantees a better response on this forum - isn't that why you chose the handle "polly"? If you'd called yourself "meanlandlord" or something, you wouldn't expect a lot of helpful responses.

Sponsored Links
I will try to charge the expansion vessel to start with, but if I need to make repairs, can I simply ad the generic expansion vessel to the return heating pipe, or do I need to link it with the pressure release valve?

It seems sensible that I can simply add it to the system, but my plumber hit me with the need to link it to the PRV which may not be as easy as I thought.

you can definetley take the expansion vessel oot without removing boiler from wall i have done it before

Thanks mate. Do you recommend any particular tools, or just those in a normal tool box?

And should I approach it from the top or the side?

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
but my plumber hit me with the need to link it to the PRV
Your plumber talks out of nether orifice.

Yeah I thought so too. It seems logical that the expansion vessel is part of the entire system and therefore could be located anywhere. The PRV is an independant part on this logic.

So if you're not in Cuba, where are you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back