Jaguar Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Jaguar Combi boiler which keeps igniting, switching off, and reigniting every few seconds. The hot water is not getting up to temperature, and the outside condensation pipe is dripping.

I have had 3 different plumbers out to look at it and quote. One said new boiler, another said motherboard has gone, other said ignition unit or fenesta.

Help is this repairable. Don't want to spend lots on repairs which won't work. On the other hand would rather not have to pay for complete new boiler.

Sponsored Links
It is quite probably the ignition module. Think it might be the SIT type - blue in colour. Think it is about 105 quid - not too sure.

It is very hard to diagnose however, without knowing what the engineer has tested.

The dripping outside that you say is probably the the safety valve outlet - think it should be 22mm copper on this model. This fault could be unrelated to the other problem - most probably need the pressure vessel recharging and the safety valve changing. The safety valve for this model is only about a fiver or less, if memory serves.

mario

Your boiler is quite repairable but I would suggest you need a boiler engineer rather than a plumber!

In London, I expect our diagnostic fee of £84 would probably cover the cost of fixing it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No, we only cover north of the River to Watford and Reading but we dont have the visa for south of the Thames. Chris R might though!

The Jaguar is an economy boiler but I quite like the design and its a perfectly usable unit.

Tony

Agile said:
The Jaguar is an economy boiler but I quite like the design and its a perfectly usable unit.
Jaguar ® ?

I think that Jaguar is possibly the trademark of a well know car manufacturer !!!!!

If you have a Jaguar - which is a Wolseley Group rebadged Protherm CZ boiler (Protherm are part of the Vaillant Group) they are a cheap and nasty combi.

If yours is chucking water out of the pressure release valve, it is likely the expansion vessel has failed. If the pressure valve has lifted that may need to be replaced also, depending on condition.

If it constantly turns on and off that is not going to be related to the expansion vessel - unless this coincides with you putting more water in the system, but you haven't said as much.

Therefore there may be a second fault.

If Agile can supply all parts and labour for £84 I would take the boiler off the wall and deliver it to him, if I were you.

I went to one yesterday and it reinforced my opinion that its a nice boiler.

The only disadvantage on a budget installation is that the burner pressure is about 15 mB and that does not work well with undersized pipework.

That installation was only giving 12 mB at the boiler even though it was 24 mB at the meter!

The £84 is only the diagnostic fee and all parts are extra.

Tony

Hi

Did you get this problem fixed? What was wrong. I have exactly the same problem?

I have a Jaguar Combi boiler which keeps igniting, switching off, and reigniting every few seconds. The hot water is not getting up to temperature, and the outside condensation pipe is dripping.

I have had 3 different plumbers out to look at it and quote. One said new boiler, another said motherboard has gone, other said ignition unit or fenesta.

Help is this repairable. Don't want to spend lots on repairs which won't work. On the other hand would rather not have to pay for complete new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back