Jewsons paint vs Dulux Weathershield?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We need to repair and paint a number of wooden windows - do you think it's worth getting Dulux paint, or is the Jewson's stuff sufficient for a reasonably long-lasting exterior window? Or would you recommend something else completely?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can't give you an opinion on the Jewsons but my suspicion is that its more of a budget paint made by crown or leyland etc

Dulux right now i wouldn't trust. I've been using sikkens for the past couple of years and rate them very highly. Depending on the finish you can use the XD as a gloss finish or if you want to go water based use the BL primer u/c and the BL satura top coat which is a satin finish. Sikkens currently don't have a WB gloss finish but i think its due for release fairly soon, looking forward to trying it.
The Farrow and Ball water based eggshell is well rated so thats another option, i have used it and its good but doesn't level out as well as the sikkens.

At the moment Crown products seem (from what i read) to have the edge over Dulux with the 2010 voc problem, but i don't use them.

The only Dulux paint i use now is their emulsions and diamond eggshell (for walls), as they have made a right balls up of it all and i've completely lost confidence in them so steer clear.

Gliddens u/c isn't bad.

Hope that gives you some ideas, the only other thing i'd say is good paint doesn't come cheap so avoid the sheds own brand stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back