JLWM1202

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the John Lewis JLWM1202 washing machine which has been very reliable, until now.

There is power to the machine(orange light on loading door on) but nothing at the control panel........any suggestions as to what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Ok......maybe you're a secretive lot or no-one knows what the problem could be.

Could it be the PCB?

Could it be the door mechanism?

I've taken the pcb out and there are no tell-tale signs or burning etc, I know this is not always the case and it could still be the pcb. Rather than replace this expencive part and find it is something else maybe someone could help with some advice......ie.........how can I test the pcb or the door lock mechanism?

Once again thanks in anticipation, though I think this is wishful thinking on my behalf.

Hi mate,

I guess you porbably resolved your washing machine issue already but i just stumbled across your post.

I too have the same symptoms you descridbe on my JLWM1202. I went to put a normal wash on and there was 2 fairly nasty sounding pops, then no display but the orange light was on. I took the PCB out and sure enough 2 of the micro chips on the board have big holes blown out of them and other componants are burned.

A new PCboard for these is about £150 so its not worth taking a chance as the same could happen to a new board. Its very frustrating that more often these products which we are forced to live with only last a few years. i feel a nasty letter to John Lewis comming on for what its worth.

out of interest, What was your outcome?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the same problem, or similar.

The outcome......the local tip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back