Joining Aquaflow guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have guttering, downpipes, and a box of bits which I bought online from Toolstation manufacteured by by Aquaflow. Having never replaced guttering before I am a little concerned as the fittings seem very loose. How do I join them. Is there a type of silicone ( does it come in black ) ? I tried to find the manufacteurs website to phone them, but no luck.

Joe

Sponsored Links
There should be rubber gaskets in the joints and they should clip tightly together.

Thanks for coming back to me
Sorry Its not so much the guttering as the the joint on the rain hopper and the downpipe from there down. I have a connector but it seems very sloppy and while the brackets should hold it in place I wonder if over a period of time gravity might cause some slippage.

joe

Oh i see, apologies thought you were talking about your gutter fittings.
The clips for the downpipes should be wrapped and fixed tight to prevent slippage or movement.

Sponsored Links
Hah I knew there had to be something ! When you say wrapped what do you use and I assume it would be around the pipe where it is clipped on by the bracket ?

Joe

When fitting the pipe clips hold the clips in place so there is no play between pipe and clip before marking the holes for the plugs. Voila...no movement in pipe when screwed up. :D

Thanks Chaps

Still not convinced by a box that has an outflow adaptable for a square or round pipe but Ihey I am just a lowly painter and decorator :)

Thanks Chaps

Still not convinced by a box that has an outflow adaptable for a square or round pipe but Ihey I am just a lowly painter and decorator :)

The hopper boxes have a round outlet thats 50p shaped ofr a square pipe, their ogee outlets have the same, I know what you mean as the square pipe doesn't really lock in place like as if it was a square outlet :unsure:

Water doesn't flow upwards so the shape of the pipe is immaterial, all it has to be is below it so gravity can do its thing.

It not so much as the water going down. Its the pipe I am more concerned with. If the plastic expands and contracts within the brackets I was wondering what is to stop it slipping down over a period of time. I am probably just being a bit fussy but I like to spend as little time up ladders as poss. I know this is a bit of a weakness for a P&D :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back