joining conservatory to stone wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a conservatory fitted, (at great expense) but each time it rains, water has leaked down the inside newly plastered wall and appeared to be from behind the box guttering. (hip back glass roof to house wall)
It appears the firm have just stuck their lead flashing, under our old lead which had been above our derelict back porch we took down. They came out again last week, and the site manager went up and stuck a lead piece over the split in the old lead, which got me thinking the worst.
I have been up to look this morning and taken pics which made my heart sink.
GetInline.aspx

They have not chiseled out a groove from the stone, to insert the new flashing, which is surely the only way to prevent water ingress at such a crucial joint?

Sponsored Links
Hope pic has come through now, from all I've read, the new lead should have been deep set into channel in the stone

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 378
Sponsored Links
It seeps down behind the structure and straight down the newly plastered wall. (they first tried to tell us it was condensation!)
And here's what they plaster boarded over
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back