Joining plastic waste to cast iron stack help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I need advice on how to join a 40mm 1.5" plastic waste pipe to a cast iron stack, the stack runs through the bathroom and I will need to replace the exsisting waste from the bath which is copper as you can see from the pic, would you think its better off to run the new plastic waste right up to the cast stack instead of bossing it and using a straight connector?
any help would be appreciated,
thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Just replace copper bit with plastic keep connection to soil stack.

Alright guys, no I have not done it yet, yeah looking at the pic its not very clear but the part you can see is the bath trap going into the copper pipe run to the stack, was thinking to run plastic right upto the stack and leaving the connection but dyno rod have said the copper run is blocked with tile grout / cement like substance, hence replacement,

cheers

Sponsored Links
Isn`t that big white mc alpine mechanical joint plastic and thereafter to stack? just replace copper bit.

will this be a standard 40mm 1.5" straight connector to join the copper to plastic?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back