Jointing a block drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a rigid sandstone block drive and i will be pointing up the joints with a 2 part polymer resin grout. Its called Resiply and the system looks pretty good and is better than using mortar.

The blocks are yellow/orange in tone and i am thinking a black grout will look amazing. However it doesn't seem a common joint colour so i wondered if anyone has seen or used black jointing on this type of paving before. Grey seems to be the standard colour used, but i think the black will be better.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 340
Sponsored Links
Never used the stuff and never seen anyone else use black grout on sandstone- personally I think it'll look horrific, it'll completely dominate the 'image' of the block paving, all you'll see is the black lines and if any of those lines aren't parallel they'll be screaming at you. Go with the grey if you must.....

There’s some stuff in Travis Perkins that’s quite black:
3C7F270A-A7DA-49F4-8AA6-8AC95BBEBFF9.jpeg

Thats a good point about the lines not being straight. I should be ok, but i have a feeling i will go with the more lighter colours in the end.

Sponsored Links
How much did you pay per meter of blocks in the end?

How much did you pay per meter of blocks in the end?

I have finished laying Ian. It looks pretty decent. Just need to get the jointing done now.

I went with Resiply and should get it on friday.

I needed 11 packs to be sure i will get everything done. Cost £550 just for this product though.

Its cost £3000 tops for all my materials.

Type 1 mot
Sharp sand
cement
4 x edging pieces for the garden
Drive setts
Pointing
Drainage channels, soakaway selfmade system and 3 manhole covers.

I wonder how much this drive would cost to have someone do it? 32sqm area.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.JPG
    IMG_3060.JPG
    464.7 KB · Views: 300
I wonder how much this drive would cost to have someone do it? 32sqm area.
Excellent job there - maybe cost £4k - I'll measure mine sometime - might be similar size but no soakaway or manhole covers. And your setts are better than my small concrete blocks.

I have to say WOW.

This jointing stuff is amazing. So easy to use. It makes the drive look so good and the dark grey is more black. It also enhances the colour of the setts. I think it looks mint.

Anyway i have some surplus resin packs if anyone is interested. Please PM me if so. I ordered 11, but have 4 full pack left plus a half. I also have 4 sand, but i think sending this out will not be cost effective.

They are £40-50 on eBay, but i paid £38 for my packs. So i am thinking £30 a pack posted out.

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 283
I have to say WOW.

This jointing stuff is amazing. So easy to use. It makes the drive look so good and the dark grey is more black. It also enhances the colour of the setts. I think it looks mint.

Anyway i have some surplus resin packs if anyone is interested. Please PM me if so. I ordered 11, but have 4 full pack left plus a half. I also have 4 sand, but i think sending this out will not be cost effective.

They are £40-50 on eBay, but i paid £38 for my packs. So i am thinking £30 a pack posted out.

I'm thinking it's unlikely you still have the leftover resiply after a few months, but if you do and are still selling let me know. I'm not far off pointing mine and was looking at this product so could take some off your hands. Did you source the sand separately yourself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back