Journalism

I see Russia has started vaccinating.

Does that mean Gavin Williamson no longer thinks Britain is a better country?

Sponsored Links
I can remember seeing on a programme once after the invention of the printing press, making books etc just became so much easier. Thing was that vast majority of people couldn't read well (or at all) and had no need for a book. So these new publications were made/invented to reach the masses. The publications were full of short snippets and illustrations, most of the content was nonsense, mythical, miracle cures and gossipy rubbish but it caught on and sold well. These publications were more akin to tabloids of today and are also pretty much of what the newspapers that we know today were born out of.

Always found this kind of thing interesting :)

Yes it is interesting. The advent of the Internet was similar, but it wasn't that the vast majority of people couldn't read, but that they didn't read. Now they spend most of their time reading, but what they are reading is mostly nonsense.

The dumbing down caused by the Internet has been like that caused by the invention of printing but a billion fold.

Journalism...

Or should it be the media owners?

The Guardian would normally choose a Labour leader.
The Torygraph would normally choose a Tory leader

And the Sun would choose anyone with the biggest t*ts...

I guess the Sun won...

Because we got borisconi!

The dumbing down caused by the Internet has been like that caused by the invention of printing but a billion fold.
The internet has pretty all the information in the world with a click.. tons of really good stuff for anyone to read and very informative.

What people chose to read is up to them... I am more of the opinion that dumb people chose to read dumb stuff written by dumb people and that suits their agenda. I do think though that it seems that people are getting a tad more stupid. Either that or am just getting grumpy in my old age? :)

Sponsored Links
Back