Juddering taps and pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we recently had an odd job guy come and install two new taps to our bathroom sink, they were lovely for a week or two but then began a high pitched squeal as the tap was being turned off, this swiftly became when turning on too and now if you turn the tap on slowly it ranges from a very high pitched squeal to major juddering of the pipework, if you turn the tap on fast it doesnt judder or squeal and its only happening with the new taps, nothing else in the house causes this.
It seems like the taps to me and not a problem with the system?
I dont want to call back odd job guy as it seems everytime he comes he leaves another problem, almost like he is causing issues to get called back if you know what i mean (came to fix a leak in loo pipe and next thing we knew the ballcock thing broke so back he came again and now the overflow in the loo now leaks constantly). So id like to have a go myself if its an easy thing to check? Can anyone help me out?
Cheers

Nadia

Sponsored Links
Hi Nadia,

What exact taps have you got and on what sort of system.
First thought is low pressure taps on a mains system, need to change the innards.
Properly fixing any unclipped pipes will also help.

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have these taps:-

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8320593/Trail/searchtext>TAPS.htm

They are basic but it said suitable for all pressure systems as we do have low water pressure and for some reason i have to maintain the pressure at the boiler at just over 1 bar, if it drops below this the boiler stops working. We get reduced water at he shower if the toilet is flushed or the washer is on, but we manage with that, apparantly we share our supply with our neighbour at the mains and unless he asks to split the supply there is not a lot we can do.

Sponsored Links
Somehow, I think it's the taps themselves. Replacing the washers may help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back