K-rend system on new build, lime scale and white dots when it rains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice on a new build, I have a fair bit of experience with traditional rendering systems. But I’ve never had K-render. We moved into our house well over a year ago. So it’s had time to settle.

Every time it rains, we have limescale all over the window sills, windows and white dots cover everything below the house. We’ve even had white icicles from under a render bead recently. If you brush past the render it’s chalky and comes off.

I’ve been given the run around by the developer, and requested the manufacturer to come out as I’m not convinced it’s bonded/sealed properly.

Just wondering if anybody had experience with this, if so what could be the problem. Is there a easy fix if they refuse to acknowledge the issue, what’s the proper fix if they will do it?

Also it was supposed to be easy to clean or maintenance free, but since day 1 you can visibly dirt stains, they tried jet washing it off, but it never looked clean.

Thanks for your help in advanced

Attachments

• IMG_7113.jpeg
    IMG_7113.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7115.jpeg
    IMG_7115.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6583.jpeg
    IMG_6583.jpeg
    653.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6582.jpeg
    IMG_6582.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back