kamco or sentinel or fernox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
For powerflushing i have been using Kamoc hyperflush as pretreatment and Kamco FX2 for flushing.

But as i have been reading through the forum over past posts. I see a lot of people recommending sentinel and fernox.

So for a system which had sludge with no aluminium components. Which products would you reccommend for pretreatment and flushing. So far i have read about fernox ds40 and sentinel x800 but how do they compare to Kamco products?

Sponsored Links
you dont compare them.

They all have different compositions and do different things.

Tony

I realise ds40 is citric acid , whereas FX2 is phosphoric acid.

I see from reading past post that Tony you have vast amount of knowledge. So could you please dispense some to me, by please explain what are the different things they are used for.
If you could tell me the use for x800, FX2, ds40, kamco hyperflush, x400?

thanks

Advantage of hyperflush: neutral, universal, and keeps working for a month. Pretty effective.
X800 is probably stronger, but only works for a day. Don't know what would have a better end result, x800 for a day, or hyperflush for a month.
FX2, acid, so a no no for ally hex, but the dog's whatsits for stainless and cast iron; never had a system that did not come out as new, no matter how much magnetite and limescale was gunked up in it.
Never used x400
Fernox f3 is pretty good too.

Sponsored Links
There have been many discussions and some of the FAQs have info too. ( Some are in the CC ).

FX2 is mostly citric acid with about a 1/3 phosphoric acid.

DS3 is suphamic acid which is required for calcium deposits.

Tony

Citric acid deals adequately with calcium deposits.

begasman you said to put hyperflush for a month. Is it effective upto a month, i thought you were meant to only use it for 2 weeks?

You can leave it in for a year if it tickles your fancy. It gradually looses strength, but it won't do any harm.
Another factor is that it will do very little during off hours, so a month now will do the same as 2 weeks around xmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back