Karndean vinyl tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me how i prepare the subfloor of a wooden floor before i fit Karndean vinyl tile flooring? i have bought my tiles at www.flooring.uk.com but i am going to fit them myself...is it a ply board i require if so how thick?? and do i stick the tiles straight onto the plyboard??

Sponsored Links
depending on how smooth the floorboards are will make the diference of what thickness you use. 4-6 mm if in good condition. Must be nailed with ring shank nails of divergent staples. If using thicker plywood you will have to screw it. You need to secure at 6" centres and every 2" around the edge. You then need to skim over the plywood with a feather finish compound to fill all joins and fixing holes. Then you should prime with the correct primer to seal the floor before using the glue. If you dont have the glue yet make sure you use pressure sensitive or in a area of different temps ( conservatory etc ) you need to use high temp adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back