Keeping a wet room... dry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a downstairs wet room (shower, toiler, sink) in the house we've just moved into. It's a fairly small room (8ft x 6ft).

Because it's a wet room the floor gets fairly ... wet after using the shower. It tends to stay wet for a few hours at least (it drains fine).

Although there is a radiator in the room, most of the time it's not on after using the room as we then leave the house for work and turn the heating off. There is a small extractor.

I'm worried that the room being wet for this long will lead to mildew, etc. As such I'm leaving the window cracked open all day to ventilate, but not sure this is ideal.

Any suggestions? Is it a problem? Did think about chaning the the timed extractor to one on a humidistat but had bad experiences with these staying on and never turning off!!

Sponsored Links
Condensation is your biggest problem . The use of a Humidistat is your best option. I have one fitted and have not had any problems since installed (22yrs).
You could always mop the floor after use to assist drying.

To stop condensation you need heat and ventilation or extraction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back