Keiro satnav?

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Keiro FS900 satnav? They are sold on Amazon for £250 and also on Ebay at £150. They seem to have the best reviews of all, but you never know who's writing these reviews. (My spouse wants a satnav, I can't be bothered to be honest.)

Failing that, the ususal opinions on generally available satnavs would help. The shops are pushing TT, but reviews are not universally good. I need UK and occasional europe coverage.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Its not what it seems. The seller on Amazon, and on Ebay is the same guy, trading as different people. His support service is poor.
The actual product, the Keiro FS900 is an excellent machine, runs IGO 8 map software, which is really best of breed. On most scores it matches the best tomtoms, but sadly the product is let down by:
- claims of support and free updates - but there is no support software;
- no formal support system available in Europe.

So Unless you can tinker, have the time to search the internet, and obtain help from other willing IGO 8 users, be careful.

Thanks for that, F. I'm veering towards the TT GO 730 which has lane guidance and some excellent reviews (it is primarily for the spouse who's not so good on maps nor online/tinkering). Halfords have them at the moment for £199 so it's probably worth the extra £50 or so for something that is supported and the rest of the world can recognise.

Dont use them often, but i have had much more sucess with Tomtom....

Garmins seem to zoom out and stop talking to you when you most need it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'm totally confused. The TT GO 730 has excellent reviews in PC World but some really bad reviews on Amazon. I was in a relative's car travelling from Ludlow to Kidderminster a few weeks ago and asked to see what the satnav says (can't remember the make, a basic device). It promptly, and persistently, said go to Bridgnorth, about 15 miles at 90 deg to the general direction of travel, so we ignored it. I could quite happily have thrown the thing out of the window.

Back