kenmore 80 series not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
10 year old washer, initially would not fill on any rinse cycle, but trickled out water instead (no hum). Occasionally after turning the selector dial around and back to rinse, it would pour out water normally, and progress through the spin cycle.

Now it won't fill with water on any cycle whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the temperature of water. Water source good, hoses good, some sediment noted in screen on cold water inlet valve, but hot water screen clear, solenoid with continuity of multimeter testing. Water level switch checks out with multimeter (I had to reconnect loose hose to it 3 months ago, as water would not stop filling).

I thought it strange that the water would barely trickle out on rinse (but work on wash cycles), and then occasionally would pour out normally after turning the dial a couple times.

Any help appreciated. I have the washer partially torn apart, and the wife would like to get it back.

Sponsored Links
I would start with undoing the sump hose and pull it out and check for debris on all pipes here, and clean

then check pcb for obvious burn marks

see where that takes you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back