Kew's queer festival

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen in today's paper

A month-long festival at Kew Gardens will celebrate connections "between queer people, plants and fungi". The botanic garden in southwest London has commissioned four bespoke installations that will explore how sexuality "can inform perception of plants and ecosystems". Queer nature runs from September 30 to October29.

Mustn't miss that!

Sponsored Links
Is all this stuff some kind of test - are the alphabet people trying to find the point at which everyone tells them to shut up?

Alternatively it may just be intended to steal the headlines while whatever actually important stuff is going on.

I always thought "queer" was an insult. What are this week's rules - are we allowed to call them that or are they only allowed to call themselves this?

I thought that Lahndan was now majority muslim?

Shouldn't they be throwing them off tall buildings???

Is all this stuff some kind of test - are the alphabet people trying to find the point at which everyone tells them to shut up?
I think they're to find out how ridiculous stuff they can put out before somebody notices. Wasn't there recently an attempt to find a queer angle to things retrieved from the Mary Rose?

are we allowed to call them that or are they only allowed to call themselves this?
The latter I suspect. Just like black people can use the N-word but if anybody else even thinks it the sky falls in.

Sponsored Links
Is this flower show only open to gays?

Would you have to prove your bent?

If not then it should be just a flower show.

Sounds like just another virtue signalling exercise with tax payers £money to me.

Sounds like just another virtue signalling exercise with tax payers £money to me.
Kew is a non departmental public body with exempt charitable status and receives approximately half its funding from Government through the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

You could just as easily say it's getting the funding for the exhibition from a Heritage Lottery Grant or one of many charitable donations.

Kew is a non departmental public body with exempt charitable status and receives approximately half its funding from Government through the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra).

You could just as easily say it's getting the funding for the exhibition from a Heritage Lottery Grant or one of many charitable donations.
You could just as easily say it's got far too much money & time on its hands.

...or, maybe, it's a convenient hook to hang a theme to bring people into the Gardens who may not otherwise do so.
It certainly captured the attention of the gullible, giggling ganders.

...or, maybe, it's a convenient hook to hang a theme to bring people into the Gardens who may not otherwise do so.
. . . or, maybe it's just virtue signalling, 'cos there doesn't seem to be many events aimed at some of our broad spectrum of society.

Sorry to spoil the fun of the guvenile, gullible, giggling ganders:
Queer Nature: explore the spectacular diversity of plants and fungi at Kew Gardens this autumn

. . . or, maybe it's just virtue signalling, 'cos there doesn't seem to be many events aimed at some of our broad spectrum of society.
I'm sure there's plenty of provision for old white guys to enjoy. Have you looked?

Sponsored Links
Back