killer whales

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching a prog on these animals last night.

As I under stand it there have been 85 attacks / fatalities by killer whales on humans that are in captivity. There is no recorded attack by a killer whale on a human in the natural world ??

They reckon that there are at least 5 (?) different species of killer whales ?

Sponsored Links
Humans don't tend to be in the whales' natural world.

As Billy Connoly said "No one has ever been attacked by a great white shark in Tesco's. Don't go in the sea where they live".

There is no sentimentality in the natural world.

A pack pursued a grey whale mother and calf for 30 minutes until the calf became exhausted , kept the mother at bay and then drowned the calf.

Sponsored Links
I never show sympathy for my food.

Only yesterday I put a pie in the microwave and heated it up.

This isn't aggression, or hatred, any more than a cow is vicious when it eats grass.

I never show sympathy for my food.

Only yesterday I put a pie in the microwave and heated it up.

This isn't aggression, or hatred, any more than a cow is vicious when it eats grass.

you might if u had to kill it your self before eating it ;)

not aggression, not hatred, not vicious.

the name is a mistranslation of "whale killer" into English.

I was watching a prog on these animals last night.

As I under stand it there have been 85 attacks / fatalities by killer whales on humans that are in captivity. There is no recorded attack by a killer whale on a human in the natural world ??
When we went orca watching off the west coast of Canada, it was a great experience (although rather choppy). However, we also saw one in captivity in Vancouver Aquarium, and its dorsal fin was flopped down. This is apparently normal when they are in captivity, which suggests they really don't enjoy. We were less than pleased to see they had one, and it was a rather poor excuse of "we do lots of research on it!". So not really surprising there have been issues, as they are likely stressed.

Glad to say they no longer have one.

Sponsored Links
Back