Kitchen drawer removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to get a kitchen drawer out of an antique carcass. The drawer itself, except the front is a one piece moulded tray. It has two metal runners, the one attached to the drawer has like a moulded rivet to keep it attached with a little plastic clip on the end that seems to serve no purpose than to have protected the assemblers hands. I can neither feel or see any obvious levers to release it. Tipping, the first choice, does nothing. Between the side of the drawer and the carcass I can see the end of the carcass runner. That looks like it may have a stop that may accept a screwdriver / knife / spoon but nothing seems to be happening. Partners been in this house 20 plus years and the kitchen was new to her then.
I wouldn't mind but it only needs moving about 10mm to accommodate new cooker!

Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'll try again later for pics. Took some with my phone yesterday and tbh, They'd have been clearer if I'd stuck my finger over the lens!

Sponsored Links
Forgot to update this!!

Was rummaging through a drawer for some tape. You know those plastic rivet things I mentioned in OP?

Well. they take a wee self tapper from inside the drawer. Remove two of those, pull drawer out, as it gets to the end of the runner lift front up. Et voila!!

Putting it back in wasn't that easy though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back