Kitchen fitting - upright extractor doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Just after a quick bit of advice. I'm about to fit two upright extractor units (the integrated ones that sit flush with the cupboards that pull out to use - click for a small pic) to go above the hob, and also above where we put the chip fryer.

I need to get two doors for the front of them, they are standard 600mm wide. thing is, do these doors come in a standard height for these units or have i got to get a measurement?

The pattern i need is shown here - I been told its rixonway but not sure. Any online places where I can get these doors from as nowhere like jewsons in weymouth seems to be of any use.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
They do normally come in standard sizes.

However that particular kitchen door style i think you are unlikely to find anywhere as it seems quite old?

Yeah its about 6 years since our kitchen was put in, council house standard style lol. I just sent an email to rixonway with a pic so wether i will get a reply or not i will have to see. Thanks anyway.

Rixonway emailed me back and said its continued, but they did confirm its the opal range - in mist colour. Even if i get two normal 600mm doors and cut them down a bit it would hardly notice, now I bet theres a skip somewhere with 2 perfectly good doors laying in it lol!

Sponsored Links
Just go into any major kitchen company and ask for "hob appliance door, for an intregrated extractor"

They are all standard sizes now a days. H394 x W600 x D18
However, in the past there was at least two different lenths. But to be sure just take the measurments.

Not sure what colour opal is, but MFI and B&Q sell that door in either white or cream. Wickes also sell the same but with a bevelled edge.

If not the correct colour match you could always try an independant kitchen company that makes there own doors. You take the sample and they make it. Not sure on the cost thou..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back