Kitchen Supplier / Manufacturer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of upgrading the kitchen - nothing much wrong with it but wanting to make some upgrades.

So what should I be looking for in a new kitchen supplier? My brother had one fitted recently by Howdens - got to say not really liking the quality that much.

I am not sure on the qaulity of Wickes and doing an online search brings back so many suppliers. I would rather use someone who makes and fits them locally.

Sponsored Links
What quality are you referring too, units or fitting.

Units as I have my own kitchen fitter but he is relocating so might have to be both.

He has an account with Howdens but not too impressed with those.

My current units are 18mm - are thicker units better? The backing on my units is not chipboard - would having an 18mm fully enclosed unit is what I should be looking for.

I used Benchmarx and am happy so far. Went for the cheaper flossy white option and got my laminate worktop on Amazon

Sponsored Links
52A9A02D-2948-49E3-9B17-7B0325576505.jpeg Used Benchmarks. Slab doors granite worktop.
Same group as Wickes so kitchens are often the same but prices negotiable as trade only, but very simple to obtain trade card.

Last edited:
I got mine from diykitchens.com.

I visited their showroom and Pontefract and was impressed with the quality of the units, they have their competitors units on display too.

I got mine from diykitchens.com.

I visited their showroom and Pontefract and was impressed with the quality of the units, they have their competitors units on display too.

Out of interest how would they compare to Wickes in quality?

I would say better but we only had a brief look round wickes.

The only thing I don't like is the double hinged corner doors, the screw on the handle has scratched the next door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back