Kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right guys here we go again, i've been asked to paint the doors on the kitchen units on a job i'm doing. I've loads of experience but as mentioned before, been out of touch the last few years. I've already been advised to get Gardenia Satincoat but what's the best way of applying it? Foam roller, then laying it off? or just a brush, if so what's the best brush? I've seen mentions of something called Owatrol, now I live in a small rural town and asking for this would be howling at the moon. Advice on all please.

Sponsored Links
Ive painted many kitchens before and used Dulux satin wood, my own included in Gardenia. Looks great. I just used a brush. The roller might make it dry a bit too quick before you lay it off. You can always thin it with turps or white spirit. no need for anything else.
Make sure the surfaces are thoroughly de greased first.

Use sugar soap in the spray. This doesnt leave any residue and can be painted over after.
I would use a 1 1/2" and a 2" brush of a decent quality.

Sponsored Links
Use the same brush you would have used 10 years ago. You carry on like you've been in a coma for a hundred years. :LOL: :LOL:

No it's only 3 years and always used bristle brushes but in the last few years before my health problems, I was using Purdys for emulsion or anything water based. It's getting a brush you can use from new in oil paints, especially as the local shops don't carry large stocks. Found Harris Professional not bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back