KITCHIN WORKTOP CUT OUT

NJR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI there

I'm looking at replacing a length of worktop & i was wondering do all router jigs have the same cut out pattern?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There are a variety of patterns depending on the purpose, corner jig, drainage channel jig etc. But you mention a cut out? for what?

If your talking about the Mason's mitre, Male and Female cuts that joins the worktops at 90 degrees to each other than you are better of hiring a jig for a one off cut, there should be an instruction book with the jig to tell you how to use it. You will then need a 2000 watt half inch router and flute cutter and a steady hand.

Thanks guys.
I'm talking about a 90 degrees joint,do all jigs have the same pattern or profile, so when i hire the jig i won't be worried the new cut won't match the old mating worktop.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
I'm talking about a 90 degrees joint,do all jigs have the same pattern or profile, so when i hire the jig i won't be worried the new cut won't match the old mating worktop.

No, There are many different types of mason mitre (90 degree) jigs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back