Knackered cylindar ??

So, have you water in the f&e? (now you know what it is :LOL: ), have you bled the air bleed at the end of the 18" pipe? Do you get water out of upstairs rads when bled?

I know you have probably answered these before but I'm too lazy to read back through all the postings :rolleyes: :oops:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
So, have you water in the f&e? (now you know what it is :LOL: ), have you bled the air bleed at the end of the 18" pipe? Do you get water out of upstairs rads when bled?

I know you have probably answered these before but I'm too lazy to read back through all the postings :rolleyes: :oops:

Yes to all : F&E has water and so do the Rads which get nice and hot. And yes, I've had some air out of that vent pipe next to the cylindar - and got to the stage where after bleeding, the primary input was BOILING ;) .... but the 2ndary (ie from tap) water still didn't get hot enough; I'm sure I left it > 2 hours.

Guess what today : the primary input is luke warm again. I'll have to bleed the vent again tomorrow and see if I have air coming into the pipes (pray for me please...). But the cylindar didn't hear the water when its primary supply (from boiler) was boiling hot, so I still think there's a problem in/around the cylindar (and possibly air leaking into my pipes too)

It's been nice knowing you all .... :(

1. Turn off power to boiler and pump.
2. Shut off water supply to F&E.
3. Drain the entire system.
4. Uncouple the primaries from the cylinder.
5. Find the blockage.
6. Remove the blockage.
7. Replace the drain off cock washer.
8. Refill the system and test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back