knocking out dining room wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought 1 bedroom garden flat in a Victorian terrace conversion I would like to :D l between the dining room and the corridor that leads in to the kitchen. The beams on the ceiling are positioned at 35cm one another, parallel to the wall. I have removed the plaster from the wall and I found out that two of the studs, next to the kitchen entrance, are so high that become part of the wall in the flat above. Do I need to replace the existing beam? Can I just knock out part of the wall, excluding the studs in questions? Hope it makes sense?

Sponsored Links
It would certainly be cheaper to get one in than to knock it out and have to pay for the damage to the flat above you!

It isn't worth guessing, you have too much at stake. Whatever they decide has the potential to affect your design decisions, so get it done as early as possible before you get too far into the project.

Also, have a good think about any other works you might do to the flat, i.e. if you might move another wall later on. It is likely to be cheaper to get them to assess it all now than call him back in a few months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back