Lack of hot water with Vokera Linea 730 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In May 2006 I had a Vokera Linea 730 combi boiler fitted. About a month ago I noticed that the amount of hot water being produced from all of the taps and shower had reduced considerably. I did a check on the flow rate by running the hot water into a basin for 1 minute and then measuring the amount. It comes to only 3.6 litres a minute. A friend of mine has exactly the same boiler and his produces 8 litres a minute using the same settings and measuring method. I have no intention of attempting a repair but would like to have an idea of what the problem is before calling back the installer as in view of the age of the boiler I may try to pursue Vokera for the repair costs if they are likely to be high. My central heating continues to work as normal. No work has been carried out on any of the system and the boiler is operating at its proper pressure level. Cold water pressure is still good throughout the house. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The flow restrictor is blocked. It's on the cold inlet pipe connection to the plate exchanger manifold. Should be 1/2 hour job plus safety checks. Forget claiming against Vokera. Very common fault on many boilers. Make sure the O ring in the restrictor is removed to help prevent future blocking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back