Lack of pressure, combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I hope that someone can help me. I have just had a new combi boiler system fitted which has replaced an old back boiler system. The hot water in the kitchen is very good and heats up well, however the hot water in the bathroom (which is downstairs and the same distance from the boiler as the kitchen) to both bath and sink coughs and splutters when the taps are on then a very light dribble comes out of the taps. The installers have T'd into an old hot water pipe which runs to both the bathroom and kitchen, The run to both is only a few metres. The gas company obviously did not test the outlets as i had to call them back to check it and then the fitter (who only switched the taps on) said they would have to renew the pipe from boiler to bathroom at my cost as original quote didn't include this. We havnt moved in as yet however my girlfriend told me the hot tap had pressure before the fitment. The boiler is a worcester 28i junior. Is it possible that the system is air locked ? and if so how do i release the pressure? I dont want to let these clowns back into the house as they have had to repair two leaks already.
Thanks for any help

pippo

Sponsored Links
I doubt that it would be an air lock whilst under mains pressure.

Perhaps they have just teed into the wrong place. Is there anything on the hot pipe work that could be a restriction, a valve or the like?

Can you see the hot pipe work to follow it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back