Laminate and skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just in the process of swapping the kitchen floor from laminate, to vinyl. The laminate in kitchen downstairs toilet and bathroom was fine, the problem being the quadrant I used around the perimeter, rather than remove and refit skirting over the top. The quadrant was MDF, which has absorbed moisture from floor washing, bulged and distorted.

This time, relaying the floor in the kitchen with vinyl, I am removing the skirting and refitting over the top. So far as the downstairs toilet and bathroom are concerned, the laminate stays and is in good condition, apart from the quadrant strip.

So just replace the quadrant strip, but with what? What's the current wisdom? Is there a plastic version available?

Sponsored Links
This time, relaying the floor in the kitchen with vinyl, I am removing the skirting and refitting over the top. So far as the downstairs toilet and bathroom are concerned, the laminate stays and is in good condition, apart from the quadrant strip.
Just done exactly the same myself. I left our downstairs toilet as it had Amtico fitted but if it was laminate, for what it would cost, I’d have done that as well - skirtings off job too.

Sponsored Links
It's always skirting off on a new floor.
However, selco do a range of pvc quadrants and scotia in different colours, wood looking ones are quite good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back