Skirting on laminate floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im refurbing a flat at the moment and i have concrete floors
i have removed the skiring in one rooom as i wanted to put the skirting straight onto the laminate so to irradicate the need for beading/ quadrant.

has anyone tried to take skirting off that has been glossed and refit after a light sanding and clean up of glue from the back?

Is there any down-sides to this, ideally i would start with the skirting from scratch but i cant afford 40 meters of new skirting..

Sponsored Links
Is there any down-sides to this, ideally i would start with the skirting from scratch but i cant afford 40 meters of new skirting..

There are one or two things that can happen.

The skirting is likely to become damaged upon removal, sometimes irreversibly so matching up may be a problem, particularly if you insist upon re-using.

It may not go back as planned.

Joints will need careful filling.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. However, if you are careful you may be able to re-fit provided you don't mind filling and sanding etc.

You must be stony broke to not afford 40m of skirting. :(

Ive just got back from b&q and they have skirting there from £1.40 p/metre so i must be able to get a good deal on it somewhere like the Builder depot or somewhere similar! i didnt realise it was so cheap!

I hink that tomorrow, i'll rip the whole lot out and get some fresh stuff in to give it a good clean finish.

primed mdf or treated timber though? that is the question!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back