laminate floor gap between floor & skirting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just come to the end of an extension and the "joiner" has fitted the laminate floor (fibre board underlay). However, when you stand on some areas (near the corners, skirting) there is an aprox 0.5mm gap between the laminate and skirting. I know there needs to be some room for expansion but is this more the floor hasnt been evened out properly :rolleyes:

grateful for any advice before i add this to the snagging list!

Sponsored Links
doh :oops: 5mm, that would have been picky otherwise wouldnt it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its not acceptable. Snag it. If the floor is uneven, the laminate can be shimmed under the skirting board. If the skirting board is badly fitted, it can be refitted. These kinds of problems are expected (and resolvable) in older houses. They should not be expected in new extensions.

Thanks very much , i thought it was something to put right but didnt know if i were being unreasonable :rolleyes: , now added to list :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back