Laminate underlay with high tog rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm changing my living room floor from carpet to laminate flooring. The floor is a concrete ground floor, so I want to use a high tog rated laminate underlay.
I saw this stuff with a tog rating of 2.1:

http://www.tradepriced.co.uk/techni-board_underlayment.html

I can't really find any reviews on this stuff so wondered if anyone has any experience with this stuff?
Or if anyone could recommend some good laminate underlay with a high tog rating?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Granite.

Sponsored Links
A tog rating with respect to floor finishes is just a bullshit way of making something sound better than it is.

AFAIK a tog rating of 2.1 is equivalent to about 2mm of Celotex. So hardly anything.

Better than nothing but not much.

Thanks for the reply Freddy.
I guess there's no product out there that could make a noticeable difference then?
The floor I have is quite cold so I'm trying to see if there's a way improving the current cold feel, aside from underfloor heating.

Sponsored Links
I am about to do the same improvement to my living room - changing carpet to laminate. I talk to a friend of mine who has previous experience and he advised me to place the laminate on the concrete surface, but make sure that every part of the surface is straight. That is the most important part, because even small curves can cause a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back