Landing and bathroom light switch

195000_194487_51431_14025196_thumb.jpg

REMOVE THE LINK.

Sponsored Links
by lectricians diagram I have had the common linked wrong? I had them common to common

Listen, you clown - this is not to "big myself up", it is not to patronise you, is is sound advice which IMO you must heed, because IMO trying to do electrical wiring by trial and error, and by following instructions without knowing why is stupidly dangerous.

Please stop fiddling with things which you do not genuinely understand.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:two-way-lighting

Sorted!

The diagram from Lectrician does it, I had the mains live in the common.
I'll try and understand were I was going wrong now.

Lectrician many thanks, Securespark and the others too.

Massively appreciated

Sponsored Links
Right, I've got it now.

I believe the blue was a neutral from the bathroom to feed the landing light, possibly to avoid a borrowed neutral.

Again- much appreciated for the help lectrician and all others.

The photo with the wires in, were installed as per instructions from 'ban all sheds'. Absolutely nothing happened with this set up.

And once again to 'ban all sheds' get a life, you sad patronising chump.
Your no help, just irritating

IMO your the clown, go look in the mirror and blow yourself kisses you saddo

The photo with the wires in, were installed as per instructions from 'ban all sheds'. Absolutely nothing happened with this set up.
I did not tell you to link the 2 COMs.

I asked you if you'd verified that the red & blue are permanent and switched live and if you'd connected them and the 3C+E strapper in the correct way.

When you said you'd linked the 2 COMs, I pointed out to you that permanent live does not go in the COM with 2-way switching.

AND THAT WAS AFTER I HAD GIVEN YOU A LINK TO INFORMATION ON THIS SITE WHERE YOU COULD HAVE FOUND OUT HOW 2-WAY SWITCHES ARE WIRED.

And once again to 'ban all sheds' get a life, you sad patronising chump.
Your no help, just irritating
I have a life, thanks very much, and very fulfilling and full of intelligence and the ability to pay attention it is.

If you decide that you are going to go through yours blaming other people for your inability or unwillingness to learn about things you want to do, even after they have told you where to find information about those things, then yours is likely to be full of frustration and failure.

I am not the clown who decides to fiddle with things which he knows he does not understand and then decides to vent his inevitable frustration on others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back