Landis & Gyr controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Landis & Gyr mechanical controller connected to my central heating and hot water systems. A couple of days ago I noticed that the heating remained on continuously, and when I looked at the controller I noticed that the rotating dial was stuck at the number 2 (off) selector and wasn't switching the system off. I rotated the dial beyond the selector and the system worked normally until 24 hours later when the dial again reached the number 2 selector. Is there any way to either repair this, or to disable the faulty selector? I realise that if I disable it, I will have two "on" selectors and only one "off", but this is preferable to the dial being permanently stuck in the "on" position.

Sponsored Links
More than likely the old clock is on an industry standard backplate so most new clock modules will just fit without any wiring. Undo 2 screws below clock module & take it to local part stockist to see if it will fit

Many thanks for prompt replies. doitall - My first instinct was to fit a new one, but they seem to be obsolete. Not sure which model it is - hence not sure which digital unit would be compatible.

weareleeds - thanks for the suggestion, I will certainly try it. As there are no screws visible, presumably I need to remove the cover first. Is it just clipped on and can I prise it off with a screwdriver, or is there a better way?
Regards
nerjaron

Sponsored Links
There is 2 little screws underneath at the bottom.... siemens rwb range will go straight on with no need to alter wiring

namsag - found them. The previous owner had wallpapered over them!!
Many thanks to everyone who responded.
Regards
Nerjaron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back