LANDIS & GYR thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Kingfisher Potterton Boiler which is controlled by a Landis & Gyr Thermostat (I dont know and cant figure out the model number). It's an old type 24 hour clock.

I have switched on the Central Heating and kept the switch at "ON" with the timer (i hope) set to be on between 4 and 8 in the evening.I dont have any heating at all,i have checked all the radiators and all of the valves are turned fully.I dont think there is an air block.

A.What does Once and Twice mean as marked on the Switch?

B.Any Suggestions?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you will need to give more details of the system you have.
Some systems have only a pump for the CH. Some have 2 motorized valves 1 for CH and 1 for HW as well as a pump. Some have a 3 port mid position valve as well as a pump.
Basically the programmer/timer feeds electric to a room stat. from there it goes to either (a) pump (b) CH motorized valve or 3 port mid position valve and then to boiler/pump.
You can see any of the above can be at fault, in the simplist case it could be programmer or room stat or pump.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

on the timer, once means it will come on in the time between 1 and 4, ignoring off on 2 and on on 3.

twice will come on at 1, off at 2, on at 3 and off at 4

do you have a gravity or fully pumped? does the DHW work fine? if gravity and DHW works then could be pump. if HW doesnt work it could be boiler. or it could be the programmer

May be I use same type of controller.
It has one more switch.

"Press and Slide" is printed near the button.

I would like to know the function of this switch.

Sponsored Links
May be I use same type of controller.
It has one more switch.

"Press and Slide" is printed near the button.

I would like to know the function of this switch.

Did you figure out what this button is for? Would also like to know.

Thanks

Doh! I'll have to take myself down to the local plumbing merchants...

I'll save you the bother, it's an over ride switch to override the current on or off time
If for example the heating is currently off via the timer and you use the switch, then the current off time will be ignored and the heating will come on until the following off time where it will then reset back to normal
and Vice Versa

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back