LAP 24 hour mechanical timer issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help?
Heating engineer has installed a replacement and the timer seems to be running out of sync. Led indicator is on permanently too. I know the quality is poor but I’m renting so this is what I got. Water doesn’t appear to be too hot so I’m guessing it’s not on all the time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the led is a power light, so agree not on all time. Do you get hot water at all? Get heating engineer back.

Thanks! Led light indicates power to heater. Instructions are crap! I’m getting hot water but it appears to be running quicker on the clock. I’m on economy 7 and I don’t want it to be running during the day or even twice a day by the looks of things. It’s pulling 16A so it won’t be cheap at peak times.

Once the water is up to Temperature the thermostat will switch off, so you won’t be constantly pulling 16amp

16amp. Are you sure.??
Must be a big heater. Most cheaper timers are only rated at 13A max. could be your problem and the contacts are fried.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! It’s a 30 gallon tank pulling 13A but the timer is rated to 16A. Did a bit of digging around last night. It’s definitely the timer function as I reset it last night and it’s already done a full 24 hour cycle. I’m still getting hot water but it’s switching every 12 hours instead of 24. I’ve called it in as I can’t figure it out.

I’m in a rental flat so it’s all hands off. Ordinarily I would as the agents are real slow at fixing anything. LAP timers are not the best and I’d have liked something digital but I guess the extra £10 was out of scope.

What you may be able to do Frank, is pay for and fit your own, and then put it back as you found it by refitting the LAP if/when you leave? Usually just a permission thing, that’s how we operate as a social landlord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back