Laptop Trolley Design

Not too sure here, but just a thought about the sequential start strips.
I would imagine they are designed for server racks, so slowing relatively short inrush period for all the psu's.
I notice that they all seem to have 1 sec delays between switching stages.

Given that the idea is now to use these to switch on chargers for potentially flat batteries, would 1 sec delay be of any use given the difference in start up currents between PSUs and batteries?

Sponsored Links
given that the trolleys will be in a presumably secure location when they are filled and charging ( rathern than empty and all the laptops out on the desks ), then installing a seperate 16A or bigger blue plug and the corresponding sockets in the storage room shouldn't be that hard should it?
with a seperate 13A extension for running the WAP point and the printer while in the classroom?

Well I allowed my lap top to become flat and then reconnected plus wrote a DVD and I got max watts of 70W plus I have used many times in car from 150W inverter so in spite of rating I would say well within what is required.

it depends on teh use of the laptop I suppose..

a business laptop will be designed for work and battery life.. so the power useage will be as minimal as they can get..
a gaming laptop will use more because of the graphics card and more power hungry CPU..

Sponsored Links
My lap top was provided by education authority so I would expect it is about the norm for schools.
It is a PC and original power supply died so now runs on a Maplin Universal one.
Mother scooter charger caused my inverter in car to close down when charging I suspect due to inrush as it did not show over 150W (Size of inverter) when running on mains but no problem with Lap top so I would say it is under 150W even when plate says 1.8A @ 100 - 240 volt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back