Last resorts before call out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch oil firef system boiler 5yrs old serviced(alledgedly) annually by the same outfit.
Its developed an intermittent fault.
Someti!es after finishing a call for heat it appears to ock ot and refuses to restart on the next cal until the reset button is pushed
.Ive had the engineers out but they just reset it and tell me theres nothing wrong.
Ive relaved the honeywel l progammer as it was an easy fix and cheaper than a call out.
The problem persists.
I tested the tank three times with KolorKut and its saying the oil has no water in it.
The roomstat iluminates its led on call for heat bit only clicks if the boiler os actually runnimg-not sure if thats normal?
The only other thing I can see is the transparent plastic tank on the right-hand side of the cabinet is full up of slightly dirty fluid- coud that be a problem?
I really dont want to pay yet another 150 tp have a pony taied foetus press the reset but as its a rural house its impossible to get anyone competent to drive out here.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back