Lawn feed and weed/moss killer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How good are these products at removing moss and weeds from lawns?

My lawn has quite a few weeds growing here and there and a little bit of moss in one area. I have been manually weeding but wondered just how effective these branded products are.

Any good?

And, if so, any recommendations please

Thanks to all

B

Sponsored Links
Weeds exist because of seeds and roots so can be successfully killed off. Moss exists due to soil conditions so unless you sort out drainage and fertility you will battle with it for ever.

selctive weedkillers are very effective on most common lawn weeds. Spray applied ones are miles better than granular products as contact with the weed is ensured with a spray.

There are a few different base chemicals in different brands and all of them are more effective on some weed species than others so just check labels to see if your weeds are succesfully treated by the product you are looking at.

Check out lawnsmith for weed ID's

Top tip on that Lawnsmith site neo...

Fantastic....now I know what barsteward weeds I have...

Ta muchly...

B

Sponsored Links
A scarifier is also great for removing moss, but in the short term it makes a real mess of the lawn.

Just be sure you are willing to accept a really scorched earth looking area if you have a lot of weeds and moss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back