Laying an Underground Oil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am laying a new underground heating oil pipe ( 10mm Qual-Oil plastic pipe ). All the connections will be made by an OFTEC Engineer and he will then commission the complete system.

I am trying to lay the pipe as level as I can to avoid any air locks due to a high point.

Our garden is running on quite a slope and so it is difficult to keep the pipe level.

I plan to install the pipe so that it runs away from the house towards the oil tank. The oil tank will be elevated so that the base of the tank is located above the burner in the boiler.

This will ensure that there will always be a static head of pressure at the oil burner.

The pipe will therefore be on an incline and not level, however there will not be any high points.

Will this be okay ?

Sponsored Links
wouldnt worry to much about level underground oil burners will pull around 100-150 psi. just make sure when yor oftec guy makes a joint underground. there accesable.

Qual oil pipe can be 100m in one roll so I would be surprised if any joints will be underground.

Sponsored Links
wouldnt worry to much about level underground oil burners will pull around 100-150 psi.

In my world pumps can only pull 1bar at best, and Danfoss specify the lift height as 2.5m.

Hi

The oil pipe will be continuous underground - the connections will be made above ground.

This product is for underground use only.If above ground it must be enclosed in a fire proof duct.

Therefore the transition to copper must be made in an underground chamber.
Don't forget to properly prepare the trench, and also lay a warning tape above. (It's much cheaper than losing a tank full of fuel).

Check their website for details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back