laying bark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me the proper materials and procedure to lay bark in a kids play area. I would like to know , if i have to dig and what depth should this be and how deep should the bark be .or is there any materials ive missed. At present the site ive chosen is covered in grass....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
others may disagree, but i had some bark "mulcjing" looked marvelous for the first month after that, nah.

The problems i encountered were as follows, "new bark" wet and dark (looked great) but as it got older and dried out it shrank, also it then "dissappeared" into the soil

I would suggest, you dig out an area of at least 6 inches in depth, put down a "weed fabric" and cover the lot in bark, then wait and and more as required.

only thing is the bark, as you can get "play pit sand" which has been washed, i am not sure if you can get "play bark" as we also noticed "little things with legs" in our bark, no problem for plants, and NOT lots of them, but we did see them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back