Laying Lino flooring over plywood with tile adhesive left on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have just removed the tiles from the kitchen floor to start the process of fitting new Lino flooring.

There is still some tile adhesive on the plywood, and it's a massive faff removing this.

I am going to put 2mm foam laminate underlay down, on top of the plywood (and tile adhesive). The lino will go on top of this foam underlay.

My questions are:
1. Can I put the foam underlay down on top of the tile adhesive, or do I need to remove it first?
2. Do I Need the foam underlay, or can I out the lino straight onto the plywood?
3. If I should use the foam underlay, do I screw this into the plywood?
4. Will Lino spray adhesive connect the Lino to the foam underlay?

Cheers

Thanks
[/list]

Sponsored Links
Typically, you would need a clean smooth surface to lay sheet vinyl.

Some underlays might take up some unevenness.

But its not clear whether you intend to loose lay or stick down?

No, dont screw down the underlay.

You really need a professional to go and view the site and give advice and perhaps do the job - to lay a kitchen wouldn't be expensive.

The thing is , its not clear what materials you are proposing and why? Sheet vinyl is unforgiving and every little speck will show through and wear quick.

For example, we always rip out the old underlayment/subfloor to give a fresh start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back