Leak coming from near HWC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thing.jpg

Hey just put the heating on for the first time this season. I have a small dripping coming from a couple of these gold things I have in my airing cupboard next to my HWC. The drip is coming from the little black plastic screw on these gold things. They were loose but now i've tightened them and still dripping slightly.

Can anyone tell me what they are and if this is normal?

Sponsored Links
They are to automatically let air out of your system

If water is coming out they have failed and need replacing

It is worth noting though that the failure of these is usually caused by dirty system water

They are auto air release valves. They should not drip and the cap should normally be loose. Yours need changing.

Sponsored Links
Very strange that they should both fail simultaneously

The likelihood is that they are The same product fitted at the same time to the same system, so the chances are they are experiencing the same fault. Not a massively odd coincidence. Every one of these I've seen recently has been leaking. Simple to swap, but get an RGI if you're not confident. Might need a draindown unless there are gate valves, or it could be bunged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back