Leak near water meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone could advise about this please. I noticed water dripping out of the built into the wall water meter housing on our house, I first thought it was trapped rain water as we had a major storm yesterday but I mopped it out and it has started dripping again.

I have now found a small leak coming from the black plastic fitting to the right of the water meter (the one with the cross head screw) on the picture. I cannot tighten the screw anymore and don't want to risk breaking the fitting and making things worse.

Can anyone confirm if this is my responsibility to fix or is it down to United Utilities to repair it?

P.S. It is only a very slight leak but the meter doesn't seem to be registering any usage, am I right in thinking that the fitting is on the incoming side of the meter?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back