Leak on unvented pressurised heating system

Thanks, having an issue/problem on both systems probably hasn't helped me. Vessel replacement and new PRV on the unvented cylinder and a leak on the main system :(

I just checked and there is a pipe from the boiler to outside of house which isn't leaking so i guess it is as I originally thought with a leak on the pipework somewhere. What is the next step here, professional company to gas it?

Thanks
Do the presssure rising test I mentioned, and now you have found the boiler PRV discharge outlet connect a balloon or freezer bag or something over it and see if it catches any water over a 24 hour period, the gas indicator you refer to is the last straw, might or might not work and is expensive

Sponsored Links
Do the presssure rising test I mentioned, and now you have found the boiler PRV discharge outlet connect a balloon or freezer bag or something over it and see if it catches any water over a 24 hour period, the gas indicator you refer to is the last straw, might or might not work and is expensive

Thanks i've just put a bag on the outlet pipe and will check tomorrow then do the test. Will try to exhaust all options before getting to further drastic testing!

Hello,

I put a bag for a few days over the outside pipe of the boiler and nothing. Is there anything else worth checking or move to leak detection? Hoping there is something i can do before any leak detection!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Water is being lost either on the sealed c/ heating system ,or from the boiler itself ,via the heat exchanger and condensate drain. Closing the boilers flow ,and return ,isolation valves( and leaving the boiler unused for several hours )will give you an indication which it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back