Leaking cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Could someone please advise me on the following? There is a leak which seems to be coming from where the inlet pipe (it's like a flexible hose) connects to the toilet cistern. Is this an easy DIY thing for me to undertake? Also what is this part called? I assume it's the 'seal' which has got between the pipe/hose and the cistern. If I wanted to buy one of these what's it called?

I've attached a picture, the leak is coming from just above where the plastic white bit which the pipe is connected to.
Many thanks

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Flexi's on toilet cistern's, so lazy :rolleyes:

Is the water dripping down from the plastic nut above the flexi?

Yes it's dripping down from above that plastic bit above the flexi. I assume there is a nut up there? I thought there may just be a seal of some sort between it and the cistern. Either way, that's where its coming from...

Yeah the seal between your ball valve and cistern has failed. It might not be tight enough, so you could give it a nip with a adj spanner, that'll probably do the trick.

Put spanner on white nut, hold ball valve, tighten with spanner.

If not you'll have to inspect further, probably change the washer. Or get a plumber in.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thanks.

Do I gain access to the ball valve inside the cistern? Sorry if it's a super dumb question..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back